About the Lake Mahopac Garden Club...
80 years of Serving the Community:
Some of our ongoing club projects:
- Civic plantings, beautification and restoration endeavors throughout Mahopac
- Garden Therapy at the Wm. Koehler Nutrition Center
- Putnam County Children's Committee: supplying holiday gifts to needy children
- Mahopac Public Library: purchasing and donating garden related books
- Co-sponsoring Activity with Mahopac Library:
- Little Sprouts StoryTIme, an opportunity for 3-5 year olds and their grandparents to participate in garden activities together. 4 Thursdays in May at 10:00. Call the library to register.
- April 25, "Adapting to Climate Change in the Garden" by Pamela Doan, Master Gardener from Putnam Cornell Cooperative. 7:00 pm. Registration is requested for this workshop. Register online at www.mahopaclibrary.org, or call 845-628-2009, ext 100.
- Established and maintains the Adult and Children's Garden at the Mahopac Library
- Scholarship Fund: financial support to worthy high school seniors
- World Gardening: financial support
- St John's Food Pantry: financial support
- Christmas Wreaths for the VA Hospital in Montrose
- Wreath Making Workshop at Mahopac Library
- Christmas Tree for Putnam Hospital Center
- Many more community workshops and activities!
Garden Club members have established and maintained a garden at Mahopac Library.
Garden Club members are responsible for the upkeep of local signs welcoming all to Mahopac.