About the Lake Mahopac Garden Club...
We are a group of dedicated individuals who want to beautify our town, encourage civic planting, and learn new ideas about native plants, landscaping, birds and flower design. We meet once a month usually on a Tuesday afternoon at member's homes, the Mahopac Public Library, and Sycamore Park.
Our programs include interesting speakers on varied topics relating to design and horticulture.
We usually take several trips to nearby gardens, herb fairs, and horticulture shows.
86 years of Serving the Community:
Some of our ongoing club projects:
- Civic plantings, beautification and restoration endeavors throughout Mahopac
- Garden Therapy at the Wm. Koehler Nutrition Center
- Putnam County Children's Committee: supplying holiday gifts to needy children
- Mahopac Public Library: purchasing and donating garden related books
- Co-sponsoring Activity with Mahopac Library
- Established and maintains the Adult and Children's Garden at the Mahopac Library
- Scholarship Fund: financial support to worthy high school seniors
- World Gardening: financial support
- St John's Food Pantry: financial support
- Christmas Wreaths for the VA Hospital in Montrose
- Wreath Making Workshop at Mahopac Library
- Christmas Tree for Putnam Hospital Center
- Many more community workshops and activities!
Our planning committee has some interesting programs planned for 2020.
See our events page.
Mahopac Public Library Programs and Gardens
Donations to Saint John's Food Pantry
Putnam County Children's Committee
Scholarship to Worthy HS Senior